For SACC members and friends to track developments for the Sacramento Amiga Computer Club.
1. August 3, 2015
1.1. Welcome to the club!
1.2. Original Amiga team members among our new SACC members!
1.3. Agenda for the meeting to appear on the blog.
1.4. Amiga classic and Amiga NG are both a part of our club interest.
2. August 17, 2015- Next SACC meeting next Monday!
2.1. We'll keep our meeting time for August 2015
2.2. Thanks for voting!
2.3. Check this page for the meeting agenda!
2.4. See you then!
3. August 23, 2015- SACC meeting tomorrow night!
3.1. Club meeting agenda for August 23, 2015
3.2. Next meeting time and location.
4. August 26, 2015 Great meet on August 24!
The Sacramento Amiga Computer Club, established in 1986, is proud to welcome our new members who signed up at the Amiga 30th Anniversary celebration! This event, organized by long-time AmiWest suporter and SACC club member Bill Borsari, was held at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, CA, July 25-26, 2015. It was a great success.
Here are our new club members, in order of sign-up:
We look forward to your involvement in our club.
- Zaka Ashraf
- Thomas Knox
- Mike Grusin
- Ryan Maki
- Tim Johnson
- Don Reisinger (Amiga team member)
- Sam Dicker (Original Amiga team member)
- Joe Decuir (Amiga hardware designer and Original Amiga team member).
President Deneen will be posting the club meeting agenda to this blog for everyone to see. The aim here is to enable you to plan to attend the meetings.
Just so everyone knows, a concerted effort is now being made to include relevant developments for both the original (i.e., classic) and next generation Amiga hardware and software in our meeting plans.
One of the great advantages for Amigans is the fact that most of the software that ran on classic machines also runs on NG machines thanks to an excellent JIT (just in time) engine that runs the 68K code on new PPC hardware. Some adjustments may be necessary in the case of games, but that is also provided in AmigaOS 4.1. It really runs well. Come and see how it works!
Next meeting: August 24, 2015
Our next meeting will be August 24, 2015 at the Holiday Inn Cal Expo, 2224 Auburn Blvd., Sacramento, CA at 7:30 PM. We currently meet in the hotel great room. This is also the same location we hold AmiWest in October, for the benefit of our new members. See you there
We are still counting the votes from club members regarding the day and time change for SACC meetings. So far, the votes for Sunday are unanimous, mostly due to work schedules.
For August, we will be keeping the Monday time and likely making the shift to Sunday in September.
We appreciate all the club members who have responded to this major change in our club operations. It's all being done with you in mind so that we can see all of you more often.
The meeting agenda will be posted soon to this page. We hope that this increased information will help everyone plan to attend.
Next meeting: Monday, August 24, 2015 at the Holiday Inn Cal Expo, 7:30 PM.
The address is 2224 Auburn Blvd., Sacramento, CA. We hope to see you there to welcome our new members who can attend and see our current members as well. Bring news of your Amiga projects with you!
As promised, here is an agenda for tomorrow's meeting.
- President's review. President Deneen will review the Amiga 30th gathering as well as subsequent contacts with Amiga developers and companies. A review of current Amiga websites will also be made.
- AmiWest update. The current status of details for AmiWest will be discussed. This includes exhibitors, staffing, logistics, banquet arrangements, and suggestions for our club awards.
- Demo. A demo will be presented of the latest developments in running Amiga software on other hardware.
- Member help with machines. Bring your machines for help with issues. If you need something specific, please contact SACC "Abyss" manager Dan Kloczko at amigauser at aol.com with your request.
. . . will be at the Holiday Inn Cal Expo, 2224 Auburn Blvd., Sacramento, CA at 7:30 PM. See you there!
- We had a great time working on several A4000 machines and getting them all running, thanks to Michael Salcedo and Dan Kloczko assisting Brian Carpignano, Bill Clay and Kenny Smith with their machines. We were all impressed with the way that classic hardware performs when optimized by knowledgeable technicians, such as our guys. :)
- Since the rest of the agenda failed to occur due to technical difficulties, that agenda will be presented at our next meeting on Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 3 PM. Location will be our usual Holiday Inn Express, 2224 Auburn Blvd., Sacramento, CA.
- . . . and keep watching this blog for further updates between meetings!